Gluten-free Frangipane Tart, Christmas morning edition by Ekaterina, IOOO Schmitz Cargobull Bel
light brown sugar
1. To make the sweet pastry, place the butter and sugar in a mixer and cream together. Mix in the egg, then slowly add almond flour and pistachio nuts, mixing slowly until it comes together into a thick crumb – do not over mix (125g of goat butter, 85g of dark muscovado sugar, 1 egg, 250g of pistachio nuts, chopped and 75g of almond flour)
2. Tip out onto a work surface and lightly bring together into a dough with your hands. Wrap the pastry in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, make the pistachio frangipane. Beat the butter and sugar together until light in colour, then beat in the eggs. Add the pistachios and almond flour and mix until incorporated. Refrigerate until needed, but allow to come up to room temperature before using or the mixture will be too thick to work with (150g of goat butter, 150g of light brown sugar, 4 eggs, 250g of pistachio nuts, chopped, 30g of almond flour)
4. Remove the pastry from the fridge and roll out until big enough to line the tart case. Carefully lay the rolled-out pastry over the tart ring and gently press into the edges, leaving a slight overhang of pastry all the way around.
5. Prick the pastry all over with a fork, line with a sheet of baking parchment. Blind bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then remove the parchment and place back in the oven for a further 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly. Decrease the oven temperature to 160°C/gas mark 3.
6. Add the pistachio frangipane, spreading out evenly with a palette knife or spatula.
7. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes, then press the caramelized raspberries evenly into the semi-cooked frangipane (500g of caramelized raspberries)
8. Return to the oven for a further 25 minutes until just cooked, slightly puffed up and lightly browned on top. Remove and allow to cool before removing from the tin.
9. Use chopped pistachios to decorate the top of the tart (50g of pistachio nuts, chopped)